Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Introduction - about the van


Hi, this is another blog for the restoration of a J/B Morris van.

This van, (chassis number 37481) was built around 1957-58, and sent from Birmingham to the Dominion of New Zealand. The van had 3 owners before me, according to a www.carjam.co.nz report.

New Zealand plates history:

DT4114 - 1958, June 10th

Plates were later personalised:

NGAIO - 2003, March 27th

The mileage says: 63,890

The photo above was from the seller, who sold me the vehicle on www.trademe.co.nz

The seller advised me that the van spent its life just outside Christchurch, initially as a builders van. I have not had much luck finding out any more about the history of the vehicle. Let me know if you have heard of it.

I fell in love with the van - in a moment of unbridled madness I bought and shipped it to Australia. It lives in bayside Melbourne.

This blog will update with information on the restoration of this vehicle.

No comments:

Post a Comment